Little Rock, Arkansas – The top deputy attorney of the city of Little Rock intends to resign, a city official said on Thursday.
At the end of the year, attorney Alexander Betton will retire.
In August, Betton was chosen to head the city’s newly reorganized Freedom of Information Act Division.
“Alex is an asset to all of us at City Hall,” Mayor Frank Scott, Jr. said in a statement. “I value his legal expertise and trusted counsel, and I’m grateful for his willingness to take over the FOIA Division with the City Attorney’s Office. I’m glad he will stay on until the end of the year, and I’m excited to see what’s on the horizon for his career.”
In a document that was leaked on Tuesday, Little Rock’s chief people officer said that municipal attorney Thomas Carpenter had called one of the FOI coordinators a “n-word” during a meeting.
Crime & Safety5 days ago
Arrest warrant issued after an investigation into a fatal hit-and-run showed that a 25-year-old played a role
Crime & Safety6 days ago
Public help needed in identifying a female suspected of stealing at a gas station in North Little Rock last month
Lifestyle6 days ago
Ingesting an excessive amount of vitamin D may result in serious health consequences
Crime & Safety1 week ago
Further performances of the Razorbacks football team jeopardized as a third player gets arrested within a month
Arkansas1 week ago
Driver in fatal single-vehicle accident in White County identified by authorities
Local News6 days ago
Arkansas Department of Transportation is in the process of moving homeless camps out of Little Rock and North Little Rock
Local News5 days ago
Authorities asking for the public’s assistance in locating a suspect wanted for first-degree domestic battery
Arkansas1 week ago
Arkansas lottery fever continues as one ticket won $1 million in the national Powerball lottery Saturday but there was no jackpot winner