Little Rock, Arkansas – Before the three sisters make their public debut, it is time to name the tiger cubs at the Little Rock Zoo.
The Little Rock Zoo, like other zoos that have welcomed new kids in the past, will let the public choose the names of the three Malayan tiger cubs that were born in June.
The top seven choices for votes were listed by the Little Rock Zoo along with their names and definitions in a Facebook post. According to zoo officials, the names come from more than 400 publicly submitted original ideas.
Tiger cub names and meanings according to the zoo’s website
• Parvati: Hindu Goddess of power, energy, beauty, love, devotion, and motherhood. The name also means “she who dwells in the mountains”.
• Kae: “to invite” or “pure, chaste”. This is also the name of the general manager of the cat conservation group, My Cat, Dr. Kae Kawanishi. This is suggested for her dedication to saving Malayan tigers.
• Hermoine: The heroine from the popular Harry Potter series.
• Nazra: This means “glow and happiness of the face”, “beautiful and radiant”, and “freshness”.
• Sundari: This means “beautiful”.
• Zoya: This name means “life”.
• Dhia: This name means “splendor” or “glow”.
Only 50 Malayan tigers remain in the wild, making them an endangered species. The three females were born to their mother Asmara, according to zoo authorities, who are ecstatic to welcome them.
The general public can cast their votes online or at LittleRockZoo.com through October 21.
Crime & Safety5 days ago
Arrest warrant issued after an investigation into a fatal hit-and-run showed that a 25-year-old played a role
Crime & Safety6 days ago
Public help needed in identifying a female suspected of stealing at a gas station in North Little Rock last month
Lifestyle6 days ago
Ingesting an excessive amount of vitamin D may result in serious health consequences
Crime & Safety1 week ago
Further performances of the Razorbacks football team jeopardized as a third player gets arrested within a month
Arkansas1 week ago
Driver in fatal single-vehicle accident in White County identified by authorities
Local News6 days ago
Arkansas Department of Transportation is in the process of moving homeless camps out of Little Rock and North Little Rock
Local News5 days ago
Authorities asking for the public’s assistance in locating a suspect wanted for first-degree domestic battery
Arkansas1 week ago
Arkansas lottery fever continues as one ticket won $1 million in the national Powerball lottery Saturday but there was no jackpot winner