Road closures expected as part of ongoing construction on Interstate 30
Little Rock, Arkansas — There will be weekly road closures in Little Rock and North Little Rock due to ongoing construction on Interstate 30.
According to The Arkansas Department of Transportation, double-lane closures on interstate lanes will generally be limited to 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. but signs and barrels will be visible to guide vehicles as they approach closures.
The closures are dependent on the cooperation of the weather.
The complete list of closures are listed below:
Daytime closures (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
• I-30 frontage roads (single-lane closures) between 6th and 10th streets in Little Rock
• Broadway Street eastbound (single-lane closure) between the frontage roads in North Little Rock
• 9th Street (single-lane closures) between Byrd Street and McMath Avenue in Little Rock
• 3rd Street intersections (flagging operations) at River Market Avenue and Rock Street in Little Rock
Overnight closures (8 p.m. – 5 a.m.)
• I-30 (single- and double-lane closures) between I-630 in Little Rock and Bishop Lindsey Avenue in North Little Rock
• I-30/I-40 ramps or lanes (single- and double-lane closures) at the north terminal in North Little Rock
• I-630 eastbound ramp to I-30 eastbound (full closure) in Little Rock; ramp detour signed to exit to northbound frontage road
• I-30 northbound frontage road (single-lane closure) between 6th and 10th streets in Little Rock
• 6th Street bridge (full-closure beginning April 4 at 8 p.m.) for reconstruction in Little Rock; detours will be signed to use the re-opened 9th Street bridge or 3rd Street
• President Clinton Avenue (full closure) between Mahlon Martin and Sherman streets in Little Rock; detour signed to use 3rd Street
• Sherman Street (full closure) between 2nd Street and President Clinton Avenue in Little Rock; detour signed to use River Market Avenue; open to business access
• I-30 (full closure) between 6th Street and I-630 in Little Rock to demolish the 6th Street bridge; detours will be signed to use the frontage roads; this work will occur Friday, April 8 at 10 p.m. through Monday, April 11 at 5 a.m.